He does all he ought to be doing and more. Danny-boy is following in his big sister's footsteps and crawls with supersonic speed. He likes to frequent the pantry and inspecting our food supply within his reach. Just this weekend he figured out that kneeling down gives him more height than just seating or standing on all four. He carefully picks food items of the shelf he can reach and carefully examines them (he does not always conduct a flavour test).
Danny's romance with rice cereal continues. It is still his favorite food on par with yogurt. We are introducing textures, but they rarely impress him. I can understand that, it is not easy chewing with your four front teeth. He does his best though.
Mr. D is very friendly and enjoys good company. If you want to win his friendship than bounce him on your lap or help him stand, he'll be your best buddy for ever. Sometimes he sits surrounded by toys and is perfectly happy. After he gets bored he heads into the kitchen to see what I am up to. Danny is curious about everything. He needs to touch, poke and prod things.
Bath time is always fun. He and Erin sometimes bathe together and make sure to splash half of the bath's content out. It seems to come as a shock every time water splashes on his face.
Danny is definitely a daddy's boy. His face lites up every time Andrew enters the room. He loves sitting next to him and watch whatever papa is doing. Then he gets bored and starts looking for trouble.
I made a brilliant move this Monday. I sat Danny on the stairs and dashed into the pantry to get a jar of food to pack in his bag (Danny was off to aunt Theresa's). I was not THINKING. Next thing I heard was a slow thud! thud ! thud! I looked into the hallway and saw Danny laying at the bottom of the stairs. He was more surprised than hurt. Yeah, great going mommy! As Andrew put it at least I did not leave him at the top of the stairs. Poor kid had only three stairs to go down.
PS: While I was typing this Erin was sitting behind me in the chair styling my hair. I need to wrap up though as my child is mentioning "snipping scissors" to get my hair "short and beautiful".... and now she left to search for her cutting instruments. She is serious! I'd better run and hide.
Ta ta for now
1 comment:
Congratulations for putting up with a Mortensen for that long!
Our anniversaries are pretty close. We just celebrated our 12th on April 22nd.
Post a Comment