Monday, April 25, 2011

8 years

Eight years ago Andrew and I walked out of the Salt Lake temple as husband and wife. What a wonderful day it was! I remember that it rained that entire week, but by Friday it was sunny and warm. We were married at 1:00 in the afternoon or something like that. The happiest day of my life so far!This year we celebrated by going out to eat at Magleby's. It was rather funny, how after we dropped Erin and Danny off at aunt Theresa's we sat in the car trying to decide were we wanted to go. Very unromantic (ha ha).

Sveta: So were do you want to eat?
Andrew: I don't know. Where do you want to go?
Sveta: I don't know.

Magleby's deal was sealed by the fact that we could not decide were to go and might as well go to Magleby's because we had a gift card from Erin's dentist to go there (ha ha! Erin's dentist pretty much decided for us). So we headed to Provo. I believe when we walked inside the restaurant at 4 pm we were the only people there. It was nice and quiet. It was music to my ears as just a couple hours earlier I had to battle Erin over her late lunch, that she ate for an hour, or more like complained about having to eat it. It was so nice and unusual to just be alone and have some adult conversation not interrupted by complaints, going potty 10 times, Danny bouncing on one of ours lap and requests that Beebee, Erin's imaginary pet, be ordered her own food (We actually do not go eating out as a family anymore. It is not worth the fuss. That's all right though. There is a season for everything in this life.)

Well, whoever was getting married on April 25 of this year lucked out. When we got inside the restaurant the weather was perfect and wedding worthy. By the time we emerged the sky was covered in menacing black clouds accompanied by powerful wind gust ready to knock you off your feet. As we got in the car it began to pour and the hail bombardment began. There went my hope of miniature golfing. Everything was not lost though as I had a brilliant and random idea of going to the archery range instead. Indoor fun!

Andrew did archery while growing up and if I am not mistaken even has a couple of trophies. Also if I am not crazy he had hunted with a bow and arrow and even got a bear once. So if we get to a starvation point one day he might be able to bring home some meat. Though I am not sure which one of us will have to gut and clean it. No way Jose it will be me! I will clean fish, but I am not processing a dear or a turkey (not like I would know how anyways, ha ha).

My archery experience has been limited to using a bow of my own making. My brother and I would play cowboys and Indians back in the olden days and equipped ourselves ourselves. Hence our arrows never flew far. Did they even fly? Anyhow, for me archery was a new experience.

For Andrew it was almost like riding a bicycle . I on the other hand, even after getting coached by the range employee (an outdoorsy mountaineer kind of a man) and Andrew, continued sending my arrows high and low and occasionally into the target or close to it. I also hit Andrew's target twice or so (that off course was done on purpose [wink, wink]). We had fun!

So right now our life is like our anniversary day this year. It is loud, sometimes obnoxious, filled with impatience and just wanting some peace and quiet. At the same time it is full of happy moments and accomplishments (maybe little ones, but very valuable), smiles and laughter. I would not have it any other way. Happy anniversary to the love of my life!

3 comments:

BurkeAndEmily said...

Such a sweet and wonderful post!

We have been wanting to have your family over for a barbecue as soon as the weather gets nice. But like you said, it's been crazy!! So once we're sure spring is really here for good, we'll have you over for some good barbecue.

Sveta said...

Thanks Emily and BBQ sounds wonderful!

YULIA said...

Sveta,
I like the way you write. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!