Monday, April 11, 2011

Into infinity and beyond!

He did it! Danny is officially mobile and have been for the past week and a half. Through a combination of rolling, military and traditional crawl he gets around. He still heads for a remote, controller or his baby monitor cord (or any other cord, though the baby monitor cord is consistently his first choice).

He got stuck! Danny got his arms over his little playpen's wall (we call it an "exercise jail"), but could not figure out how to get the rest of him over. I rescued him, but that is what moms are for.
Our little toothy is sporting 4 teeth. The two top ones made him rather miserable while cutting through and hopefully the rest will be kinder to him and his gums. Don't have a picture of this new additions yet. Our Little Monkey does everything humanly possible not to show them to the camera.
The romance with rice cereal and mango continues. Squash, on the other hand, has been discarded into the reject pile and replaced by prunes. This guy is addicted to prunes, but I am not (changing four dirty stinky diapers a day is a tad bit too much for me).
Erin spends her days coloring, drawing, running around with friends, playing in mud, drawing with chalk on the garage door (and than washing it) and participating in like activities.

Erin with her currently favorite book about a brave possum, his mama, auntie, baby Gator and a GREAT.HUGE.UGLY LOUISIANA SNAPPING TURTLE. Highly recommend this read if you have a 3-year-old and gag every time she brings you another Clifford-the Big Red Dog book (no offense Clifford, I can take only that much of you). This tale is super entertaining (and educational, he he), especially if you do voices while reading. Two thumbs up!

We take strolls to the library when the weather and our plans permit. It's about a 20 minute walk from our home. I get to push the stroller, plus 50 lb worth of kids, plus about 50 lb worth of books, uphill. I suppose I ought to be taking Erin and Danny to the library more often, 'cause the swimming season is almost here.

Tonight we had a Family Home Evening where we attempted to put together a 72 hour kit for our gang. After putting it all in a box we came to the conclusion that it is not going to be easily portable, especially with water and canned food. Hence I am buying MREs. Apparently nowadays they are not only nutritious, but also palatable. We will find out.

Erin had another dental appointment and again made it onto the "No cavities wall" of Dr. Howell's office. Everything looks great. Even though she is not the best flosser and brusher, her teeth are doing all right and I attribute that to the fluoride treatments she has been receiving twice a year since her teeth accident.

I know there was something I wanted to tell about, but can't remember at the moment. So ta ta for now!

PS: Erin's eye lid is healed and you can not even see the scar unless you want to. Happy!

1 comment:

BurkeAndEmily said...

Danny is adorable. I know I've said this a hundred times, but you sure have cute kids. We need to get Evelyn together with them.