Monday, May 2, 2011

Sledding anyone?

To Erin and Danny's immense joy we woke up to about three inches of snow on the ground on the last day of April. Seriously! It is not supposed to snow on April 30th, ever. We ought to be enjoying a light breeze from the mountains, sunshine and bird chirping. Anyhow, it was a great opportunity for the last time sledding this season. It was fun and short (the funnest part for me, he he)! Danny loved it and Erin was excited to finally have someone to enjoy it with.



Danny stretched out at the bottom of the sled and Erin pulled him.
He was visibly enjoying himself while Erin huffed and puffed trying not to slip while taking him for a ride.

That's when I took over as for Erin it was work and not much fun , he he. I pulled them back and forth and helped going down the hill behind the house. It was wonderful!


Then the snow melted and Erin went to ride her bike. You've got to love Utah spring!


We had some friends over for a dinner on Sunday. Erin was given the honors of saying the blessing on the food. The child proceeded listing everything on the table and even went into trouble of blessing every single ingredient in the "yeekee" salad. That is when both Andrew and I began chuckling. Erin was quick enough to put a stop to that: " Hey guys, close your eyes!"


When she went to bed she continued being very thankful in her prayer. I am not sure if she was full of gratitude or just tried to stall. She went on to thank Heavenly Father for , but not limited to " walls, windows, blinds, pillow, washing machine, wood chips, Aliyah, Skitz (a dog from Martha Speaks), Beebee, toys, mommy who takes me to the park, Daddy, Danny, Gemma, projector, etc." No kidding! she continued her list for good 3-4 minutes. To me it was indescribably moving to hear my Pooky express gratitude for things that I do for her.


PS: Danny got to eat my lasagna today. He wolfed it down. That made me happy. No more that blended tasteless baby paste for him. Immersion blender to the rescue! (why didn't I use it before?)

No comments: