We laid out the rules for the week of "punishment" (for abusing Danny, if you have missed my last post) and we stuck to them. I am proud to report that I did not cave in and Pooky went with the rules understanding that she had to obey and that the deprivations (no TV, treats, kakao and no PBSkids.org) were the result of her behavior.
Today at the grocery check out before the cashier had a chance to open her mouth to offer the usual Smarty, Erin informed her: "I can not have a Smarty. I kicked Danny in the face and I am on probation! I can not have a treat." She has also been entering her friend Aliyah's house covering her eyes every time she heard the cartoons were on. I love it! She also turned down treats. Except for the one.
The neighbors were having a BBQ completed with making smores. She could not resist and accepted the offering, ha ha. Dads were making smores and you have to give them a slack as to what man will it occur to send the kid home to ask mom (well, the fact that it was around dinner time, that the kid might have allergies, that the kid is going to bed soon and any other reason you might come up with, ha ha). Aliyah's mom intervened reminding my child that this is a no treat week. As soon as Erin sensed that her smore will be confiscated, she began licking the chocolate off with the speed of a parched camel scarfing water. Other than that there were no glitches.
We had a fantastic week with little whining and lots of fun. We've been on a tour of playgrounds, harvested carrots (three bags full), had cleaning competitions, went shopping, played with friends, fed the ducks, cooked together and simply had a fabulous time . There was no fighting! There were many reassurances that Danny will be safe from and protected by his big sister. Hence I declare that the probation is complete!
Ta ta for now!
1 comment:
Oh Wow! That's quite an adventure and some big firsts. Hurray though for Erin being a big enough girl to understand her punishment and take it. That's a huge parenting success for you guys!! Hopefully she remembers it. But good for you for sticking to the rules. It just might have been harder for you to keep them than for her to. Ha Ha.
Post a Comment