Monday, September 12, 2011

I made them lie!

I consider myself to be a pretty honest person-I do not cook my tax returns and I do not swindle my neighbor's Sunday paper for coupons ( though I will admit that the thought has crossed my mind before). However, I feel pretty guilty about today, for I made three lovely ladies lie for me!
Erin, Danny and I went to the library. I love our library outings! As a kid I frequented the one in my neighborhood. The smell of books is one of the most fabulous smells in the world and it alone makes it worth the trip. I normally combine our library trip and a morning stroll and this is exactly what we did this Monday morning. Danny rode in the stroller and waved his pinwheel cheering every time it caught the wind. Erin collected chestnuts (for crafts), captured bugs and did other Erin type things. I pushed the stroller and sang praises to the weather gods for sending me temperature in the 70s (particularly while going uphill).
I mentioned to Pooky that we will be making our traditional pit stop at the bistro by the library for some cake pops. My child on the other hand decided that she felt like ice cream and told me that she'll have that. For next five minutes we had a healthy debate on whether or not she should get the messy, melting treat (guess which side of the issue I was taking).
We made it to the bistro. Danny began smacking his lips in anticipation of the treat. Erin burst inside with a yell: "Do you have ice cream?" Danny and I were on her heals. The lady at the counter (bless her heart), also a mother, made no mistake at interpreting my mad head shaking behind my child's back. Her answer was that they ran out. We were the only customers inside, by the way, and the place is super kid friendly and both ladies who work (and I assume own the place) know me and my zoo. At that moment the other lady emerged from the kitchen to investigate the source of commotion. This is when Erin yelled her second question:" Do you have lemon soda?" My head resumed shaking and the lady informed her young customer that unfortunately they ran out of soda as well. Then we chose our cake treats and departed outside to gobble them down. They were tasty! Mine had a guilt aftertaste...
After loading up on books and paying 20 cents in fine (my record is almost 7 buckaroos) we departed for the park playground and eventually home.
So here you go, this was my confession! I promise to be better next time!
Ta ta for now!

No comments: