Friday, June 4, 2010

Back again

I took a long posting break even though this stretch of our lives can not be called uneventful. Blame my absence on the pregnancy :), which by the way is the best case scenario easiest pregnancy possible. I am happy and content. The baby remains being a boy. Erin is getting more and more excited to have him with us. She has already pulled out all the baby toys, keeps looking at his clothes and tells me how she'll take care of him. The big sister plans being on binky duty. Pook is currently practicing her "put that binky back in the mouth" technique on her best fiend's baby sister. She is also practicing on how to be gentle and soft with a baby. Kinda nice that she gets to learn on someone elses's baby, he he. Sorry Karina!

I am not even going to try to catch up with all that has happened in this month and a half (we had a visit from Gemma and Papa, it snowed on 24 May, we planted our garden, Erin got her first professional haircut, etc.). We have been growing and having fun. Erin keeps amazing us every day by spitting out new words and full sentences. I can kinda reason with her now days.


Erin decided that the pack of toilet paper worked great as a tower building material

When we run out of something or she thinks that we need something she informs us that "We need to buy more... [fill in the blank with soda, candy, potatoes, eggs, apples, milk, toilet paper, etc]". We were at a store and daddy gave her a quarter to get some candy from a machine. After she was done with the amount that came out she approached Andrew with a request for another quarter. Upon being told that he did not have any more she told him that he needed to buy more. So we have been working on the money concept.

Today we opened the pool season, though the water was too cold for even the most excited and bravest of all toddlers. Thus Erin and a bunch of her friends sat in the hot tub. She practiced swimming with her doughnut and was so excited that now she can get around in the water without my help. I am thrilled about it myself, maybe even more than she is. Our previous management company (that got fired) ruined the pool heating by poor equipment care. So the new company got it fixed and the water is taking it's sweet time warming up. It should be good to go by Monday though. Speaking of the new management company. Remember my dog battle? The dog piles are not an issue anymore, the place is clean and taken care off and the offenders are punished. Life outdoors is great again, he he! By the way, Erin calls pool-cool, shirt-shirk, splash-slash and there is more. I ask her to repeat p-pool and she says p-cool. It is adorable!

I am starting to plan her Birth Day party. We are going to have an actual party and invite some of her friends. I am even considering a pony, but we'll see. We will definitely have a pinata though. I can not say that this three years just flew by , but at the same time I can not believe that my baby is turning three. How come my tiny baby low on all pediatric charts (she was 5lb 11 oz and 19 inches at birth) has turned into a rambunctious toddler, who never sits still and is taller than any other kid her age. Even on those days when I want to pull my hair out and break something, when I tuck her in and she puts her little arms around my neck and gives me a kissy I am the happiest person in the world and would not have it any other way. How precious it is to have a privilege to raise a child, see them grow and bloom. Some days are tough, but that is okay, they are not the ones that stay in your memory forever.



Ta ta for now!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Wow! Her hair is getting so long!

BurkeAndEmily said...

I LOVE the picture of the toilet paper tower! She's so clever.

Becky Rice Ware said...

That is so cute Sveta! As soon as I saw Erin's toilet paper tower, it took me back to the day when my oldest daughter Jamie was 13 or 14 months old and I caught her taking all the canned food out of the pantry (I didn't even know she could open it!)and building a similar tower out of all the canned goods! How can a kid who just learned to walk a few months ago, have good enough balance to make a tower 8 or 9 cans high out of skinny cans? I had to take a picture too! LOL!
Love, Great Auntie Becky Rice Ware