Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hmmmm

This morning I had my fourth ultrasound. Erin was super excited to go look at the baby in mama's tummy one more time. She kept yelling out that her brother's foot was cute and that his toes were cute. That cracked Andrew and I up, it was just way too adorable.

The reason for me having another ultrasound at almost 31 weeks is "placenta previa". Basically the thickest part of the placenta where all of the blood vessels are concentrated is in the way of baby's exit. That puts me at a risk of bleeding to death. As you can imagine, that is undesirable, hence we are looking at a C-section as soon as our dude's lungs are developed. At week 36 I am getting a needle inserted through my abdomen to get a sample of amniotic fluid to test whether his lungs are mature enough. As soon as they are they'll cut me open, he he. I won't be able to wait for full term because the bleeding can happen, thus most likely our baby numero dos is looking at a July birthday.

Off course there is a slight chance that a shift will happen and we can avoid the surgery. However, I have an inkling that nothing will change. Though, whatever happens is fine by me as long everyone is healthy and sound.

2 comments:

YULIA said...

You are so far along already!!! You have a great attitude about your placenta previa and c-section. Good luck with everything.

Birding is Fun! said...

Best wishes during the delivery!