Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The latest

It is a silly rhyme, but it is stuck in my head, thus I will share it with you:

I see London
I see France I see Elmo's fuzzy pants.

The other day Pooky-Pie and I went into Jo-Ann's to get some yarn and perhaps find some cute fabric to make a cover to go over Erin's chair. We left with some Elmo fabric instead (and yarn)! Erin spotted it across the store and had to get it. It was red fuzzy and on sale. This determined Erin's outfit for Halloween. I am currently working on turning it into a pair of pants and a shirt with a hood with Elmo's eyes and nose on it. The pants are done and Erin shows them to anyone interested. She calls them Elmo pants, though prefers putting them on her head like a hat. I am currently teaching our baby to say "Trick or treat!". Andrew advised me against teaching her say:

Trick or treat! Smell my feet! Give me something good to eat!

Apparently you can get sunburned in Utah in October. Andrew did just that today while playing in his work's basketball tournament. Despite that he had fun! Erin and I also had fun today- we went to feed ducks with Erin's best friend Ariana. We have a little pond not very far from our home and there is a couple of ducks living there. If you ask me they are geese, but everyone in the neighborhood calls them ducks. To our surprise they were hungry and enjoyed a breakfast of hot dog buns. Those geese-ducks are kinda fat, most likely due to the diet of bun-like-food.

Erin is acquiring new skills. She learned to scale the shelves in the pantry. In fact she closes the door (by the way, it is not a walk in pantry and she is the only member of this family who can fit in there with the door shut) and climbs up, chooses something from the top shelf (as any wise Mom I keep all forbidden, but highly desirable food on the top shelf), drops it down, climbs down, gets out of the pantry and looks for me to open the package for her.

Another new skill is undressing herself. She is good at it! Though she does it exclusively while in her crib. When Erin undresses she takes it all off! The other day I came to let Pooky out after the nap and found her wide awake jumping in crib in her birthing suite, BUT wearing slippers and a hat.

Our offspring is very particular in her music taste. We were in the car when Andrew began singing something. It must have been a wrong song because Erin put her hand forward repeating "No, no, no, no!" Daddy had to stop. She does that to me too. It looks rather amusing, in fact I sing on purpose to get this reaction from my dear audience. On the other hand Erin loves to sing. Her favorite piece is "Winkle, winkle little tar..." and she also performs a number of her own songs and tunes. I would consider her music rather abstract and modern.

Erin's talking is coming along, more words and short sentences, even ones we did not teach her. She also has the best facial expressions, especially when finding things like stains on the carpet (which off course are not her doing. They just magically appear after she's been in the area.) Ha ha! She covers her mouth and exclaims "Oh, NO!" She also makes sure that I noticed that she is tremendously surprised by the stains.

Ah! beauty of home ownership-we get to pay for the carpet cleaning!



Here is a random photo of Erin getting ready for bed while watching Elmo's World, drinking milk and smashing grapes.

No comments: