Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I got to go and do some research at Family History Library in Salt Lake last week. I love diving into old church books! I wonder whether any of these individuals I find in the records are the ancestors of people I actually got to meet in my life. This world is so small and our lives are so intertwine, that it has probably happened. I do not get to work as much due to being Mom and the current recession. By the way, I think that I, as a genealogist, am one of a few people who will benefit from the dumb econ decisions made by politicians (throw the health care reform and cap-and-trade into this pile). This decade will wipe out most of my competition and when the times get better, I'll have a lot of work. This is a joke, but there is some truth to it.

I got to meet quite a few colleagues in the days before Erin was born, some became my good friends. They worked almost every day of the week. Yesterday, there was only one other professional genealogist on the floor! Though, I was pleased to see that there was a plenty of patrons, mostly old people. FHL is a great place to go when you need to feel young again. You get to see a plethora of examples what being old really means, he he!

Andrew had to do quite a bit of driving that day. First we raced to the bus stop to drop me of, than Andrew drove to leave Erin at aunt Theresa's for the day and than he went to work. At the end of the day he drove to go rock climbing, picked up Erin and later me.

Aunt Theresa took Erin to Life Science Museum on BYU campus ( the place with the stuffed animals...not the toy kind). According to Pooky every tall animal was a cow and every fish was a shark. Funny, how easy it is to classify the world around you when you are two years old.
Plus it is that age when you are allowed to put your underwear on your head and call it a hat.

4 comments:

Irina Cline said...

She so cute! even with her underwear on her head! Yeah!

Diane said...

Her animal classification system is expanding. Now instead of just kitties and doggies, there are cows and sharks.

Kent and Wendy said...

I love her underwear hat - she is so cute!
Are you guys coming up to the Mortensen reunion next week?

Sveta said...

Thanks! We won't be able to make it. Andrew is getting his wisdom teeth out that week.