There really has not been much happening worth blogging about. This has been a rather hot and slow July--way too many days in upper 90s. It's been so hot that my tomatoe plants started dropping their blossoms and there is nothing I can do to prevent it.
What is it with 2-year-olds and their blankeys? Erin has this pink super soft blankey that she won't sleep without. In fact some days she insists on keeping it close even while awake. Sometimes, it will just lay on the floor or couch without Erin acknowledging its existence, but if Mom tries to pick it up and haul it upstairs she screams bloody murder. I have to be rather sneaky in order to wash it.
This morning I had to do just that. Pook noticed it's disappearance only by the time I put it to dry. But, oh boy, did I get it for daring to laundry it! A full blown tantrum came my way! There was a plenty of tears, whaling, thrashing on the floor. I have to admit I have not seen such behavior before. Showing her that the blankey was in the dryer and trying to reason with her made matters only worse. It was too wet for her to have it and apparently our 2-year-old still struggles with the concept of "just wait ten minutes and you can have it". Can't say that the latter is news to me. However, every time I attempt to explain that she can have something later I have this secret hope that this will be the moment when she'll stop her screaming, look up at me and say "K, Mama!" What can I say, I am a dreamer. Anyhow, I locked her in her room until the cause of the scandal was dry enough.
Andrew got to stay home earlier this week. It was so nice to spend some time together when we could just hang out, play card games and do nothing. He got two of his wisdom teeth pulled on Monday. And yes, he asked the dentist to save them so he can take them home. I am not sure what he plans on doing with them, but I told him he can not keep them in my jewelry box or make a necklace out of them ( the other two wisdom teeth will be joining his collection in a couple of weeks). The pain still bothers him some, but he is doing better. After living on soups, jello, apple sauce and root beer floats for about two days he could finally eat "real food", aka something you have to chew. It is amazing how sometimes your biggest desire can be just to sink your teeth into something, usually happens when you are not allowed to do that. I had to abide by a clear liquid diet in the beginning of July for 3 days and that sucked! I made it for 2 and a half. I though I was going to die.
This medical starvation got me thinking about hunger in this world. I knew that the end of my fast was near and that I can pig out as soon as its over. Too many people in this world do not have this luxury. They do not know when or what they'll eat next. I beg God to never put me in such circumstances, though it is not the worst. The worst would be to see my Erin asking for food but having nothing to give her. I can not imagine how much a mother's heart bleeds when this happens. The scary thing is that it is a reality for so many every single day...
PS: Erin learned to spit and finds it rather entertaining. Attempts to make her stop have so far been unsuccessful :(.
No comments:
Post a Comment