Friday, June 19, 2009

Today Andrew took a day of and we went to Strawberry Days fair. Erin missed out on the Lagoon rides so we decided to treat her locally. By the way if you wonder how much fair tickets are nowadays I can tell you. They are not 25 or 50 cents anymore ( Andrew's estimate). They are a buck fifty each or a buck when you buy in bulk. The inflation in fair prices is similar to that in gas prices :), about 50%.

We thought we'd start Erin on something classy, slow and with horses. I was so thrilled to accompany my baby to her first merry-go-round ride. She hated it! Erin kicked and screamed through the entire ordeal. No idea what was so terrifying about the fake ponies. Anyhow, I think she's been scared for life and will never get even close to this contraption.
To sooth herself Erin climbed into some strangers' push buggy. They did not mind...Next Erin got to ride in a pirate ship. Argh! That went all right, though she would not smile.After, she took a fancy car for a spin. That was also fine, but deserved no smiles.
The last ride of the day was lady bug that went around and up and down. it was kinda high and I was hoping that Erin does not decide to hop out in the middle of the trip. She liked it so much she took two rides.

After finally getting out Erin could not walk straight. He he!

Here is Erin entertaining the usual Friday crowd coming to play D&D.

Erin got a week early B-Day present and seems to be rather pleased with it. I can't believe we've been together for almost 2 years now!

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

BurkeAndEmily said...

Those are great pictures! It looks like she had fun despite her refusal to smile.