Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer!

The pool season has officially begun. Our pool was opened this Thursday afternoon. Erin detected the noise and splashing coming from behind the club house and ran there. She could not figure out how to get inside the fenced area and kept running along the perimeter back and forth. It looked hilarious though she was not laughing. Eventually she stopped, grabbed my hand, pulled me to the fence and tried to enlist my assistance. I imagine she envisioned me tossing her over the fence or pushing her through the bars. Oh boy, was she frustrated when I refused! I eventually showed her the gate and she ran towards the water. She almost hoped into the pool. The child has no sense of height or depth! We were not dressed for the pool and had to postpone dunking till the next day. Here is Erin all ready for the pool on Friday.

We got the entire pool to ourselves and loved it! Erin splashed, kicked and squealed in delight! I was done in 40 minutes, but Erin was not. I had to forcefully remove her from the pool and drag my kicking and screaming baby home. We'll be back another day!

Erin likes to sit on the bank of a little stream running through our complex and toss rocks in it. I estimate that it will be another year before she creates a dam.


She also likes to throw dirt and similar stuff into a storm drain. I hope she won't clog it, he he.
Erin is a little monkey!

Pooky at the playground.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Ah, swimming, climbing, and throwing stuff! Those were the days! Sounds like you have adventures everyday.