Three hours later I returned to collect my student. She loved it there! According to her the teacher's name was Mrs. Cake. Also I could not find out what she learned or did at school, though by the presence of the grass on her socks I am guessing that at least part of the time was spent outside. Also not one kid in the class had an easily remembered name though two of them were boys.
Of course I do not have a first day of school photo, because I am me and did not think to check the camera battery beforehand. Yes, my camera was indisposed on this very special day. Bah! However here is a photo after Pook's second day of school. She looks happy! This is how she looks at the end of each school day!
Erin's time at school is a mystery to me. I am not used to not being there to witness every minute of her life. It occurred to me that those days are gone. More and more mystery hours are coming my way and I should hold on tight to the ones I am a participant of at the moment.
After two weeks of school I found out that she has been learning various songs, mastering the art of cutting with scissors, writing her numbers and letters, doing lots of coloring, matching, gluing, having story time and earning stars. Erin made a friend, but does not know her name. Her class number is 7 and she has had a chance or two to be the line leader on the way to class. Her turn to bring a mystery bag to class was last week and she chose a bunny named Allie (I hope she will take Danny's tooth next time). Erin gets a snack at school and also skittles when she fills a row with stars. The most important of course is that she loves going to school in the morning and is happy to come home in the afternoon.
Here is Allie
Danny has been asking about Erin's whereabouts each morning and seems to be satisfied with a reply that his sister is at school. He is always eager to go get her. Ah going to get her and dropping her off... So...having two charter schools on the same street creates a lot of traffic around 8. All the businesses must hate it. All of these folks trying to get to work in timely manner, stuck on 25 miles/hour street among minivans and SUVs, can not be happy with the way things are going, ha ha. I have learned to beat the rush by coming a few minutes before majority does. The school is about 7 minutes from home, 5 miles both ways. Not bad at all.
So far I am happy about everything and have words from Annie buzzing in my head "I think I'm gonna like it here!"
Ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment