Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Catching up (part II)

Yes! This is my boy sporting yellow cupcake PJs. The exact words that came out of Andrew's mouth when he saw Danny ready for bed were: "I am sorry Danny!" Fortunately our little guy could care less what he sleeps in. Anyhow, I am going to buy him some manly sleepwear.

I guess as I have not posted his 18 month old well visit update from January I might as well do it now before he turns two. He finally began gaining weight and height. He made it into 3,41% for his weight of 21 lb - a great improvement from 0.4% at 12 months. His height was 31,5 inches landing him in 26% , that is from 5% at 12 months. Our little dude is growing. How he is doing it I do not know as he seems to adhere to a strict milk diet. It is his main food on par with pretzels and raisins.

He is still outrageously picky about what he consumes. Naturally, he will never turn down ice cream or chocolate. Occasionally, and I mean once or twice a week, he will eat dinner, the rest of the days he eats breakfast and pecks at his lunch. Despite that I have a hope for this little boy as Erin went through the same stage. Now she eats broccoli, green beans and as of today carrot sticks. One food he usually will not turn down is  mama's fired rice.

Danny slowly inched into the tantrum territory. He loves throwing himself on the floor wailing. My boy gets very offended when I meet this behavior with laughter. This child also began resorting to violence when he feels his rights and wishes are not being respected. As of recently he began biting. It is very rude to sneak behind mom and attempt biting her bottom, very , very rude (yes, you may laugh here). I lost count of how many times Erin has been bitten by this little piranha. He even managed to bite Pooky between her shoulder blades one time. Now that takes some skill! Of course we are working on stopping this naughtiness and I am seeing some progress.

Danny is my little helper in the kitchen. Any time he sees our dishwasher opened he hurries to get the soap from under the sink and bring it to me. Then we fill the soap compartment together. Next I return his closed soap bottle and he puts it back where he found it. To culminate this ceremony we fight over shutting the dishwasher's door. The Little Monkey insists on putting that soap to good use immediately and attempts to shut the door and push the button. I have to literally put my foot down on the door as it is usually not full enough to run it.

He also learned not to get garbage out of the trashcan and even throws away empty baggies, his diapers or spits up his apples. Have I mentioned how he eats apples? He requests one every day. He chews every bite very diligently and afterwards spits it out. He finally began doing it over the garbage can to save me some extra work. Now that it is warm outside I just send him with his apple to the back porch. Danny also knows how to use a vacuum. Though half the time he just vacuums himself. He discovered that he does not like the sensation of having his fingers being sucked into the hose.

Danny got to experience his second ever visit to Great Clips where he lost his beautiful locks. They were just getting too long and I have to admit that around the house I would even put a clip in his hair to keep it out of the eyes. This is what he looks like now. It took three women to get the job done. I held him on my lap, one of the employees was trying to read him a book and the third was doing the cutting. This communal effort finally paid off and my Danny was sheered like a ship. He screamed bloody murder the entire time, but did get a sucker at the end for his suffering.


Danny used to like watching Yo Gabba Gabba, but has recently converted to Sesamie Street. He is an Elmo fan! He says Elmo's name and also mama, dada, Ein, bite (as "another bite of food"), apple, banana, kashka, yukky, cracker, thank you and a lot of gibberish. While I mention his favorite shows, I should also mention the show that terrifies him--Ice Age. Erin and her friends were watching it one afternoon and he just began crying when the tigers attacked the village and tried to get the baby. Poor boy was so distraught.

Speaking of Thank you! Just like Erin at this age he helps me unload the dryer from inside. Danny climbs in and hands me clothes saying thank you every time I take something from him. This boy also likes to be in charge of what he wears. He pulls things out of his dresser and demands I help him put them on. For some reason he always chooses things that are too small or that are PJs.

Danny is definitely his father's son and is into computers and games. He loves to pound away on the keyboard and loves to hold console controllers. He even has his favorite Wii controller. Every time Erin plays something he is right there next to her with his it cheering her on.



So here he is my handsome blondie-sweetness an dterror in one, though way more sweetness than terror!
Ta ta for now!


No comments: