We invited a few of Erin's friends, baked a pizza, decorated the house, hid some dirty dishes in the dishwasher (shhh! do not tell anyone) and had a blast.
This year Erin wanted to be a Sunshine Bear, whose proper name turned out to be Funshine. A character very befitting Erin - she is my bear and definitely a fun one, ha ha. In the photo she of course is looking more like Winnie the Pooh, but that's because her belly badge came off. Why did it come off you ask? Oh, I'll tell you.
I made a mistake 3 years ago of buying an inexpensive Singer machine, sure of Singer still living up to the reputation of creating excellent products. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Come on, not even a cheap basic sewing machine ought to be trying to get away from you while sewing, so you end up pulling it back to you every few instances, producing chronically uneven stitches and surprising you with a personality of a whaling banshee.
I was almost done last night, having only the belly badge left (and apparently a tale and a pink heart on the bum). It was after midnight, my toe was hurting (Danny-boy grabbed a glass bowl of the counter earlier that night and it landed on my toe. The bowl was not broken, the chicken from it was scattered on the floor and my toe fractured, or so it felt). Anyhow, my Singer decided that was a perfect moment for sabotage and seized working. I spent another hour trying to convince it to , but not even a threat of hurling it from the second floor worked. My banshee was done for the night. Luckily for me my hot glue gun finished the job. Hence Pooky woke up this morning to a finished (almost) Funshine getup. She put it on in the morning and took it off only after 50% of it's surface became covered in stains.
Anyhow, the party was so enjoyable and not even stressful. Not everything was perfect and the two hours I had to prepare were not enough to cook, clean the house, decorate and finish planning (yeah, I am "do-it-at-the-last-moment type of a gal, ha ha). Our guests were Shyann and Sadie, Arianna and Natalie, Lakai and Brighton, Jasmine, Aliayh and Caylee. Danny napped, but I am sure he did not regret missing out on all the chaos (he just came back from Disneyland and is still recuperating, ha ha). We colored Halloween pictures, played limbo, ate suspended in the air doughnuts, broke a pinata, ate pizza and had tons of fun. I also served mouths full of rotten teeth (apples with slithered almonds), eyeballs (grapes) and bat cupcakes.
Anyhow, this was a great day and I hope that we'll have an extra pinata laying around the house next year so I can have an excuse for another Halloween party!
Ta ta for now!
PS: Did you notice Andrew's Mad Hatter hat. Doesn't he look great?! And by the way what a wonderful game master he is! (he he)
1 comment:
You get "Mom of the year award!" Seriously, you throw amazing parties for that age group.
And where else would one put dirty dishes?? I put mine in the dishwasher all the time. It's when the dirty dishes get hidden in the oven that I blush...
Post a Comment