Ta ta for now!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Giddy days!
Winter is over! Finito! Kaput! We are happy! Erin, Danny and I used the first warm day this March for an outing to the duck pond. We went bearing a gift of 3-year-old rolled oats to treat the ducks. Erin and I covered the shore with this special treat and Danny watched. Apparently ducks like oatmeal.
This is obviously not a duck in the photo below, but our friendly neighborhood muskrat. He joined the feast and was the bravest of them all attempting to get close enough to snatch the oatmeal bag from Erin's hands. I put an end to his advances though, by making Erin retreat. The creator might have rabies and has big teeth!
Danny got his first slide ride and discovered the joy of swings! Swings made him giggle and laugh. Second time around I am a wiser mom and did not send Danny down the big slide all by himself (unlike Erin at this age, which she was rather upset about, ha ha). We did the short one together. I figured we'll start there and progress to the bigger ones.
Erin was showing Danny her toys and he spotted a few that were of interest to him. They played together and I actually had a chance to escape downstairs and secretly eat a cookie. Shhhh!
Danny is almost 8 moths old and has been sitting for about a month. He sports two bottom teeth and puts them to good use eating his baby food (as long as it's not green peas). His favorite is rice cereal, but don't you dear put formula in it or he won't partake. Baths are super fun and wet nowadays-the little guy discovered how fun it is to splash now that he can sit. The first time he got to sit by himself in his little blow up tub he splashed half of the water out. Erin took care of the rest by pulling the plug while I took Danny into the room to dry. Unfortunately she did not take in the account the location of the tub- the bathroom counter. I heard the sound of a homemade waterfall and saw Erin fleeing from the scene of the crime. Andrew came running upon hearing my yelling for towels. He ran into Erin who headed for her closet, ha ha. I like that she wants to be helpful and now knows why you don't pull plugs not over the sink, ha ha.
I love these baby cheeks!
Ta ta for now!
Ta ta for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment