Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas photos

This morning we did a little Christmas photo shoot and here are the results. Danny did not stay in a good mood for too long so I did not get any good shots of him alone. We'll have to make an attempt number two later. Erin on the other hand, is quite a little model.





Oh, and we finally got a large Christmas tree, no more of that 3 foot tall nonsense for us. Of course we had to add to our selection of tree decorations including a star tree topper. There were too many to choose from in the store so we just told Erin to decide which one she liked the best. Yeap, she chose the tackiest one, he he. By the way, a 10 minute long debate between two adults over which star to choose can be ended by a 3-year-old in a matter of seconds. It went perfectly with the rest of our Christmas ornaments and lights!

I should probably mention that I got to make my first Thanksgiving dinner this year. We have always gone to aunt Theresa's but this year they went out of town for a wedding. I have to say that I appreciate her cooking and all the thought and work she puts into every feast. All you women out there who pull together a huge fancy dinner in a sparkling clean perfectly decorated for the occasion house, you are my heroes!

I made sweet potato casserole (Sweet potatoes are actually white and chalky, yams are orange and sweet. They are not the same thing, so people! quit calling yams -sweet potatoes and confusing us foreigners, who are not sure which ones you mean in the recipe), stuffing, fruit salad with orange cream dressing, lemon pepper green beans (yumm) and dill carrots (also yumm). We had ham instead of turkey (have never been a fan of this fowl. I just don't like the flavor). It was juicy, mouthwatering and just tasty (m-m-m-m-m!) We also had rolls, mashed 'tatos and some scrumptious pies made by Emily. My favorite was a pumpkin cream. I could probably eat one all by myself, it was soooooooo delicious.

We had the dinner at aunt Theresa's house so I had no clean up before or after the get together. Now that's the way to go! It was us, Burke, Emily, Evelyn, Mary, Chet, Natalie and Nathan. It was a delightful day! I would say more about it, but my brain is not cooperating, so I will leave at that.

Ta ta for now!



2 comments:

Kent and Wendy said...

Cute kiddos in those pictures! Are you coming to Idaho for christmas?

JaRele said...

She is so cute Sveta! Love the pictures!