Erin woke up with a cough and roughness in her voice. Poor kid is sick and sounds rather pitiful when she talks even if it is something fun she is talking about. We did not have any meds in the house other than kid pain reliever so we made a run to Walgreen's.
This was my first time when I was embarrassed but ,at the same time, barely managed not to laugh out loud at something that Erin said in public.
We were making our way to the cash register and I was pondering whether or not we had enough Easter candy in the house (is it ever enough?) as we passed the candy isle. All of a sudden I hear "Mama! Big! Big!" yelled very excitedly and loud. I look up and to my horror discover that Erin is pointing at a huge lady in line unloading her chips, sodas and other junk onto the conveyor belt. The lady's size was unusual and Erin was gladly pointing that out. I don't think this mother-daughter conversation was overheard by anyone, at least I hope the lady did not hear it. As I said it was embarrassing and funny at the same time. It sounds cruel to the lady, but I could not help myself, blame pregnancy. The whole situation seemed to be comical to me.
Talking about embarrassing and funny, this is more funny than embarrassing. They (again those mysterious they) say that during your pregnancy hormones go haywire and you exhibit unusual emotional patterns. Never happened to me before until lately. Something that was absolutely not funny made me laugh like a maniac and than the laughter turned into uncontrollable tears. Andrew was looking at me not sure what to do and creeped out. Now that was one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me in my life. Both emotions had no ground, but there I was, a textbook case of mental instability. He he!
We planned on attending our ward Easter picnic today, but had to cancel so not to get other kids sick and Erin should have stayed home anyhow. So no egg hunt for Pook. I will hide a bunch of eggs for all of us around the house or outside if the weather permits. It will be fun as long as Pook does not get any sicker. Hopefully we can make it to Easter dinner at aunt Theresa's.
Here is a photo of sick Erin though she looks just fine :). This is her laundry basket. A while ago we invented a game where Erin sits inside and I roll the basket around trying to shake her out. Erin calls it "Go, baby!Go!" It's a hit in our house.
Ta ta for now!
1 comment:
I remember when I was little I called one of my mom's friends fat to her face. I got a lecture about how it was mean >.<
Post a Comment