Saturday, February 21, 2009


So...it is Saturday...For Erin that means that she gets to watch her Russian cartoons. If you grew up in the former USSR you probably feel kinda nostalgic looking at this picture, if you are local than you have no clue what I am talking about, he he. Anyhow, the part of the cartoon where three characters sing a song about the lovely clouds and take an imaginary flight on those clouds. As soon as the song hits, Erin makes a powty face and starts to cry. The first time it happened I though that my babe fell off of the couch and whacked her head on something. I was very surprised to find her sitting in the same location I left her in. To me this is a mystery! I mean, she loves the cartoon, Pooky squeals in delight and laughs every time it starts. Andrew's theory is that she knows that it is to be over soon and expresses her regret through tears. I have no theories to offer and am bedazzled by the whole thing. She is usually more tearful, than in the video. The camera distracted her :). It's in Russian. I just explain what is going on. (It is rather long and I would edit the video, but the software I have is not compatible with Vista.)

.

3 comments:

Irina Cline said...

А где ты русские мультики берешь?

Sveta said...

etot ja kupila v rukkniga.com,a tak ja ih teper' skachivaju s http://multiki.arjlover.net/

Diane said...

Aw, poor Erin! Maybe she's afraid of heights? Perhaps this will remain one of the mysterious behaviors that you can tell the boys she brings home when she's a teenager.