Ahhh...That glorious time of the day when the house is mine for whole two hours and if I am super lucky-three. I can kick back on the couch, eat ice cream out of the box and watch TV. Too bad that can happen only after the dinner is done, laundry folded, Pook's books fixed (today is my book fixing day), reports written (I do genealogy research for clients and hate writing reports...yuck! I love the research part, though), etc. Oh well, I finished the ice cream on Saturday anyways (Breyer's All Natural Rocky Road..yum!) and just watching TV is not that fun.
I love taking Erin's pics! She poses now. Here is her cocoa face from this morning. I don't remember when was the last time I had a cup of cocoa all to myself. A while ago Erin decided she liked the stuff and now she makes me share. Even if I make one for each of us she downs hers and wants mine. Oh, yeah! She also gurgles her drinks now. I apologize to anyone who is to become a witness of this behavior.
I have had more time lately for reading and finally got to a couple of books that I have been planning to read for a while. One of them is Sun of the Dead by Ivan Shmelev. It's a biographical novel about the 1920s Civil War in Crimea region of Russia (a little bit of history here if anyone interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Civil_War). It's a story that brakes your heart. Hunger, despair and injustice are the three words to best describe the events. I do not think I will read it again, but I am glad I read it.
I do not believe that we need to know the history in order to avoid repeating it. This formula has never work for the human kind. However, I believe that those who lived through the joys and horrors of the past ought not to be forgotten. Every decent human being deserves to stay in the history. Someone should read their story and remember them...That is why I read it and will want for Erin to read it when she is old enough. Plus, a book that makes you want to hug you child tighter and cherish the life more is a good book.
No comments:
Post a Comment