Erin discovered a new eating utensil--a baby carrot. She found it useful when it comes to eating lasagna. Apparently, a spoon and a fork were not good enough, but the orange vegetable was just right for dipping into lasagna and hooking up the noodles (don't ask me how, I could not do it myself).
Erin's vocab now includes phrases like "Oh, man!" (that one came with us from Idaho) and "there you go" (when she hands you something). She did not score very high on her speech abilities during her check up, but as our pediatrician said, that's expected when two languages are being spoken at home.
Erin is amazingly impatient and patient at the same time. For example, I was in the kitchen this morning when I heard her scream. It made my heart stop. I ran to her prepared to see her smashed in the closet door fingers or a collapsed ceiling. Instead I found my child pulling her old car seat trying to make it fit though the closet door. It was stuck and that made her mad. At the same time, just the other day, she spent good 10 minutes sitting by her giraffe scooter picking on another spot sticker until it came off. I guess it all depends on her mood at the time.
Tonight Erin watched American Idol with me. She was soooo cute cheering and clapping with the TV until she got tiered, grabbed my hands and started pulling me towards her room. It has been so nice last few nights, 'cause she just started pulling me to her room when she felt it was time for bed:). Here is a picture during her nap today. Erin covers her head with a blankly now...
Erin's vocab now includes phrases like "Oh, man!" (that one came with us from Idaho) and "there you go" (when she hands you something). She did not score very high on her speech abilities during her check up, but as our pediatrician said, that's expected when two languages are being spoken at home.
Erin is amazingly impatient and patient at the same time. For example, I was in the kitchen this morning when I heard her scream. It made my heart stop. I ran to her prepared to see her smashed in the closet door fingers or a collapsed ceiling. Instead I found my child pulling her old car seat trying to make it fit though the closet door. It was stuck and that made her mad. At the same time, just the other day, she spent good 10 minutes sitting by her giraffe scooter picking on another spot sticker until it came off. I guess it all depends on her mood at the time.
Tonight Erin watched American Idol with me. She was soooo cute cheering and clapping with the TV until she got tiered, grabbed my hands and started pulling me towards her room. It has been so nice last few nights, 'cause she just started pulling me to her room when she felt it was time for bed:). Here is a picture during her nap today. Erin covers her head with a blankly now...
No comments:
Post a Comment