Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Wishing all a Merry Christmas from Idaho! We have been having a fun trip to Nampa. The roads were finally opened on the morning of the 24th (they have been closed the day before), so we loaded our car (no need to pay for each bag! Take that DELTA!), strapped Erin in and took off. I-15 was not too bad. We stopped at Burley to get some gas and as soon as the door was opened Andrew got almost blown away by an insane wind gust (not kidding). Let me tell ya, it was COLD! Despite that we made it to Nampa in 6 hours or so! All I have to say about it-- we were not speeding and Dang! gas is cheap...
It was so good to be with the family for Christmas! Erin thinks it's cool to be a center of attention! SO much energy in this kiddo. She spent Christmas Eve doing circles through the kitchen and living room, made few tumbles from the stairs, pushed around a giant ball and taunted the dogs. She did get tiered eventually.
As we found out 18 months is still too young to go gaga over opening presents. However, she did like her new puppy and doll. Food was great, though Erin spent Christmas surviving off milk, cookies and milk...oh yea, she did have some buttered noodles (I know... noodles on Christmas, bleuh!) and fruit salad. What can I do, I am a Mom of a picky eater.
This year Erin actually played with her cousin Tarran. He is being a very nice big cousin shared his toys. Erin enjoyed chasing Tarran's remote controlled car. She thought it was the coolest thing ever.
The day after Christmas I woke up from sounds suspiciously resembling piano. The only piano in the house was in Erin's room. My first though was that she got out of the crib and started her day by developing her music talents. However, the little fingers were stubbornly hitting exact same low key. It was the only one she could reach from her crib, hehe. When piano quit being amusing enough she turned her attention to the cabinet doors she could reach from the crib. At least that's what it sounded like...
Well, this is not the end of the trip yet, more fun updates will follow...I hope. But than again, with Erin around it is pretty much a guarantee.
Yours trully,
Sveta







No comments: