Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mr. Troublemaker

Danny is turning into a proficient walker who rarely resorts to crawling. He can climb onto the couch and dining room chairs. Just the other day I was surprised by his arrival at the kitchen with a peanut chocolate cluster victoriously clutched in the hand. The only way he could have gotten one was by getting onto a chair in the dining room and leaning over to the middle of the table.

Just a happy guy!

One of his favorite and, I might add, dangerous favorite spots is by the oven door. I am not sure how many times I have caught him pulling himself up by the oven door's handle. When we moved to this house Erin learned the hard way why dangling off the above mentioned handle is a bad idea. She pulled the door down and ended up on the kitchen floor with quite a bump on the back of her head. That was accompanied by a lot of screaming, wailing and a bruised ego. I am doing my best trying to prevent the repetition of that disaster.

Decorating the tree! Danny actually tried putting ornaments on the tree.

Danny loves slides. He prefers going down on his tummy and laughs the entire way down. He and Erin will occasionally slide down together and so far neither got kicked in the face by the other.
Danny has become a picky eater. I used to brag that the kid would eat anything I put in front of him, or at least sample it. Not anymore! He will shake his head and spit food out. At this point he lives off milk, oatmeal and an occasional banana(Sigh). At meal times, when he sees others drink out of glasses, he demands one for himself, dumping his sippycup on the floor. Oh, the food usually follows into that "reject pile" under his chair(bananas and oatmeal ought to be cleaned up immediately otherwise I have to deal with food cement on my floors). On the rare occasions when my child does find food interesting he insists on feeding himself. He attempts using a spoon or fork, but almost unfailingly switches to hands (sigh). It is messy, but I should not complain, because I know what happens if you continue spoon feeding this lot (Ha! Even after turning 3 Erin demanded that I feed her, and that doing it herself was too hard).

Finishing his jam left after eating waffles.

Our Danny is a very social kid. He loves company and is jubilant every time he sees Erin's friends. He starts clapping, laughing and making all sorts of happy sounds. Speaking of sounds. His vocabulary is rather limited. Danny says Dada, Sveta, Ein, bubbles and some random words. He shocked me and almost made teary eyed the other day when he said "Thank you!" while I was putting his shoes on his tiny feet.

Danny loves reading books and singing songs. He even does moves to "An Itsy Bitsy Spider". Every time we are done singing a song he claps and cheers! Such a happy guy!
However, you do not want to cross paths with him when he is out of spirits. Usually because Erin takes something from him or won't let him have that something. He begins to scream and it culminates in him biting her. Though he's been a little bit better about it lately. Now he just throws himself on the floor and begins a grand tantrum. Ha ha!

Danny is mama's tail. He has to be where I am and preferably doing what I am doing (or Undoing what I just have done). As you can imagine that causes problems. I finally started shutting him in his room with toys. He screams for a little bit, but than just plays. The other day, I snicked up on him in his premises and caught him just sitting on the floor with a book, hugging his blankey. When he spotted me he just ran over dragging his blankey and I am pretty sure he was hinting that it was time for his nap and he would like it now.

Redecorating! He is on top of his box, he puts toys on it, sits on it, bangs on it, rolls cars on it and does all sorts of fun things with it. I hope the content of the parcel will be as much of a hit as its exterior.

He does not mind vacuums anymore. In fact when I attempt to vacuum, he hops onto it and tries to convince me to give him a ride. However, I do not budge! This vacuum will not last much longer if extra 20 lb would be hitching a ride on it.

He had his second dental visit which he did not enjoy, particularly the x-rays. He's been suffering through four molars cutting through the entire month of November and as Dr. Howell put it "His molars are erupting!". Though they are done for now, and he is visibly a happier little guy.

We finally took Danny for his first official haircut (the trimmings that I've been attempting on his head do not count). He acted about as joyous at Great Clips (or Whatever is the name of the Clips nearest to our house) as at the dentist's. Erin and I took him in and I think he was convinced it was another dental visit. I held him on my lap and Erin stood nearby trying to comfort him. Even a sucker did not pacify him, however he did share it with me and Pooky. It was covered in his hair, but you do not refuse a crying child. Between his bouts of cry he shoved it in mine or Erin's mouth and watched us enjoy it. At that point he would picked up his crying.


After the haircut. I wish I had a good before photo for comparison.

I think he is catching up in his growth, at least he is getting to the point when 18 months clothing is starting to fit. I had to pull out Erin's old PJs and he is now slipping in them (call me cheap, I call it practical). Oh, did I also mention he sleeps with a doll? Andrew and I were putting him to bed the other night and he made a comment that "this is just plain wrong", ha ha! I am raising a well rounded and gender-non-biased boy. No worries he has no pink in his day wardrobe and plays with building blocks and trains.

I am sure there are many more fun facts about my little boy that I could relay, but this post is getting too long and I am not sure that many will even make it to the end (kudos to you if you are reading this!). Hence the photos of my handsome silly boy to jazz it up!

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Doesn't he say "Mama"? You should have Andrew start calling you that if Danny calls you "Sveta."

Also, I remember getting my adult molars (not the baby ones, though). Molars hurt!

BurkeAndEmily said...

Oh my. He looks just like a little Andrew. Except he has your eyes. He is adorable.