Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Birthday!

Danny turned one! It is hard to believe, but an entire year has gone by since I got to hold my tiny sweet baby for the first time! He was, and of course still is, just wonderful! I can not describe the joy this little guy's smiles and giggles bring us! He is a perfect addition to our family!




Here are 10 things you probably do not know about our Little Monkey:


1. He loves dogs and spots them from afar. I know that there is a dog in the area when Danny starts gibbering away and waving his cute pudgy arms in extreme excitement (cats do not get the same reaction).

2. He will eat almost anything. He will never let you eat something and not let him have a piece. Danny will drop doing whatever he is busy with and arrive at your feet at a speed of a bullet train and will not leave until you share.

3. His favorite book is a puppet book "Meet Little Lamb"

4. He loves to clap!

5. He loves to swing and laughs so infectiously while doing it!

6. Splashing in the bath tub is at the top of his "fun things to do" list!

7. So is splashing in the toilet...

8. He almost always sleeps with his bummy-bum in the air

9. He can eat a banana under a minute!

10. He has 6 teeth and is not shy using them on people (knees and shoulders in particular).



About a month ago I would say that Danny was a papa's boy, though right at this moment he is more of a mama's tail. If I am in the room he has to attach himself to my leg and not let go unless I sit on the floor and play with him or pick hm up. Erin sometimes saves me and plays with him instead. Occasionally Danny will play by himself. That normally happens after he has eaten and taken a good nap. One of his favorite games is rolling a ball around the house or climbing in and out of the blue chair .


We did not have a big party for Danny's birthday. Andrew took a day off and we just spent the day together. We took our birthday boy his present shopping at ToysRUs. Erin felt that she died and went to Heaven. I felt like I died and went to China. You know that smell of Chinese merchandise (Payless shoes has the same smell). I imagine that's what the entire country smells like. Anyhow, an hour later Danny became an owner of a new shiny bathtub wale that squirts water into the air. We decided against buying more toys as we already have more than enough in every nook and cranny of our house.

In the evening we had a nice birthday dinner (chicken Florentine was the main course, mmmmm) completed with a birthday cake (chocolate with whipped cream for frosting). Danny actually ate his cake and liked it. As any responsible big sister Erin blew the birthday candle out.


Danny is almost walking, but does not find it to be a very important skill as he is an excellent crawler. He is fast and can get places without falling down (it's hard to fall down when you crawl, ha ha). He is also and adamant climber. He can go up the stairs and tries to scale shelves, cabinets and anything else when he can find footing and he does find it (boxes of cracers work well).


We took our monkey to his 1-year-old well visit for his vaccination and to see how he is doing. He is still tiny standing at 28 inches tall (under 5%) and weighing 17,5 lb (0,4% yeap! 0,4%). He is still following the curve though and that is the important part. Developmentally he is doing great! He picks up his raisins, self feeds crackers and expresses extreme displeasure while getting his diaper changed. Danny is very curious and social, just what a 1-year-old ought to be. He is our wonderful Danny! Happy birthday Little Monkey! I am so happy to be your mama!


Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Wow! I can't believe it's already been a year! Happy birthday!

BurkeAndEmily said...

Happy Birthday, Danny!!!

I love the picture of him in his blue chair. He's a handsome fella.