Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meanwhile...

It has been a long winter. On the way to the library on Saturday Erin began chanting "We want spring! We want spring!" I am 100 % with her on that one. Especially after last night, when I had to chase Pook's sled blown away by the wind. I ran outside into the dark wearing sleepers (without socks!), but in my coat. That wind was insane! It carried me on the ice for good 40 feet before I caught the darn contraption. On the way to the back door the sled acted as a sail and pulled me to the right and left until I finally pushed the door opened and fell into the house. My feet were numb and my face was stiff. I recovered in about 10 minutes.

Erin has been going outside without me this winter. She seems to have been finding things to do. Rolling in the snow has been her favorite, oh! and of course sledding. She also likes eating the snow, but no worries! I told her not to eat the yellow snow. When snow outside melts, Danny and I also go outside, otherwise our stroller gets stuck. We even got to visit a playground this week.

Danny was torn between whether to giggle because he was finally outside or protest because mama dragged him outside in this freezing weather.
Erin and Danny are wonderful to each other. Danny follows Erin with his eyes around with nothing short of adoration in his eyes. Pook has a special gift of putting a smile on his face. Hers is frequently the first face he sees in the morning when she barges into our bedroom to wake me up in her theatrical whisper "Wake up mama! I need kakao (cocoa)" He grins at her and giggles and then they hold hands through his crib bars. This is where you say: "AHHHHHH!"
Here is a shot of Danny adoring his sister.


We took Little Monkey for his 6 months appointment this week and here are the stats:
Weigh 13 lb 14 oz (bellow 2%)
Height 25 3/4 inches (a little bit over 18 %)
He is a tiny little guy finally wearing 3-6 months size clothing, but his growth is consistent and that's the most important aspect. He is doing great developmentally, does everything he should at this age and more. Danny Boy has very strong little legs and stands on them at any opportunity, not by himself of course. He babbles and giggles all the time, loves to chew everything and drool on everybody (especially when the holding person is dressed to impress).

Erin's new thing to do is play Curious George games on the computer. I can't pull her away from them unless I dangle a cake in front of her. This has been helpful to me as I again began translating for JewishGen.com. I deal with the Russian Empire vital records. Love it! Andrew's job is going great. He recently had to travel to Kansas on an adventurous business trip. He and his companion were 5 minutes late for return flight boarding ! So they had to rent a car to drive for two hours to another city (is there more than one city in Kansas? ba dum tss! this one is for you Suzi) to catch another flight. Somehow they managed to arrive home earlier than originally planned. Go figure!

To sum it all up- Life is Wonderful (minus the freezing temperature outside)!

Ta ta for now!