Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday picnic!

Theoretically this post should have been about our Christmas vacation, but I want to do it justice, which ain't happening this late at night. So here is the recap of today.

Erin began attending Primary! My baby is growing so fast. She was excited to become a Sunbeam (the youngest class in Primary, which is LDS church's organization for children) and bravely marched into the Primary room and sat herself in the front row. I could not believe my eyes, but she actually remained seated for the entire time she was supposed to be there (as a devout mother I stood guard by the door peeking through a crack ready to bust in if necessary). At the end of the day's meetings she told me that there were no snacks and no toys, hence could she grow down and return to nursery. Unfortunately it does not work that way! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could actually grow up or down as desired.... (Actually, I am staying 29 for the rest of my birthdays, so you CAN artificially do that, he he).

After church I did nothing, and let me tell you, I enjoyed it! Danny went to the home office to hang out with papa in his new exercise cubicle.


Erin went to turn her room upside down. I, on the other hand, locked myself in the bedroom, climbed in bed, turned on the TV and watched PBS documentaries (I love them! perhaps this is why some people might find me boring). Ahh! What a lovely break it was! Later I napped and cuddled with Danny. It was a perfect afternoon!

So, Sveta, why did you put "Sunday picnic" as the title? Hold your horses, I am getting there.
For the desert tonight we had chocolate fondue accompanied by a movie ("My Neighbor Totoro"-Miyazakis anime film. Andrew was not too impressed, however Erin and I gave it thumbs up, but than again, I love PBS documentaries, he he), hence we picniced and it went well. We did not spill the chocolate and no one got poked with a fondue fork! It was scrumptious! You can tell by Erin's face smeared in chocolate!


We had Granny Smith apples, bananas, pretzels and marshmallows. Apples were the hit, at least with me. Danny hung out with us in his Bumbo chair and observed. He could not fondue with us so he chewed on his toy tray.

So there you go! This was our Sunday picnic-a perfect ending to a perfect day!

Ta ta for now!

No comments: