Thursday, July 22, 2010

Daniel Brent

I am currently drugged up so forgive me if something does not make sense, he he.
Andrew and I were woken up at 7:30 Wednesday morning by a phone call from RC Willey informing us that the new couch will be arriving between 9:30 and 12:30. Finally! We will have something nice to sit on! This happy thought though did not distract me enough not to notice that I was kinda feeling wet. I made a mad dash for the bathroom complaining about that bladder of mine only to discover (to my horror) that I was soaked with blood and more was coming ( I bet you wanted to hear and imagine this, he he ). Trying not to panic we dressed and Andrew woke Erin up telling her we need to go to the hospital. Our beautiful babe rolled out of bed and headed straight for her overnight bag. Very cute! We got in the car and after yelling at some slow pokes on the road got to the hospital in about 5 minutes. I wobbled upstairs to Labor and Delivery while Andrew and Erin parked. In about 40 minutes I was being prepped for a c section, Andrew was finishing his breakfast and Erin with her overnight bag was driving away from the hospital with aunt Theresa.

We scrubbed up. I was whisked away to get my spinal. After that began kicking in (very fast I might add) Andrew was brought to the OR. Three minutes later we heard our son cry. It was amazing. The moment I heard his voice I began crying myself. Andrew did not cry he just watched the surgery and no, he did not pass out. Here is our first photo together.

Our handsome baby boy came in at 5 Lb 3 oz and 17 1/2 inches. At 36 weeks his lungs work great and he is fully developed to go home with us. Here are some of the photos from his first day of life and I'll tell the rest of the story tomorrow. I'll just add that all is well and life is beautiful!






4 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats! He's lookin' good and so were you in that pic! Are you home yet?

BurkeAndEmily said...

Congratulations!!!!!

He is absolutely adorable!

YULIA said...

Wow! I am glad both you and Daniel are healthy. He is really cute and you chose a beautiful name.

Kent and Wendy said...

You have a cute little family! Cousin Kara loves the name Daniel. She wants to have a son named Daniel. and cousin Wayne and his wife Sherstine were supposed to have their baby boy born on Wednesday, July 21, but he came the day before. We hope to get his picture up on the blog soon.