I sprained my ankle on Monday while chasing Erin in the street. It was so warm outside and a bunch of kids were playing. Erin was really enjoying the company and fun, no one was outside the entire winter and it was great to finally run with a pack of kids. They went down the slide, played in the play house and rode their bikes.
Erin seems to have caught on to what the sidewalk and road was and appeared to be following my instructions of staying on the sidewalk only, but than she decided that I ought to mind my own business and peddled onto the road. I stormed off after the culprit watching for cars like a hawk and did not realize that I was stepping off the curb. Oh boy, did that hurt! Anyhow, needless to say we had to go home, our little 5-year-old neighbour Jasmine drove her bike behind Erin's trike pushing Erin home. There was much protesting and whining about going home, but Jasmin kept pushing and a few moments later Pook parked by our door. By that time I limped all the way there and we got inside.
I called my doc's office to see if they had any openings for that day. Luckily they did. An hour and a half later, all three of us were sitting in the office and Dr. Pratt pulled and prodded. I was diagnosed with a grade 2 ankle sprain and a possibly torn ligament, but we decided against an X-ray for the baby's sake. Funny enough the doctor pointed out that " hospitals x-ray the crap out of preemies after they are born, but advise against x-rays for pregnant women" (ah! the lovely era of malpractice law suites and by the way it is the exact language he used). Three days, later I am feeling much better which must indicate that nothing was torn. Hurrah!
You might smirk at me for running to see a medic for something like a sprained ankle. My logic is "Better make sure that nothing is torn or broken!" When I was pregnant with Erin I sprained my right ankle (left this time)and it did not quite heal properly. I have a bump on my foot and off course there is no guarantee that see I doctor and it would heal perfectly, but who knows. Anyhow, I'll pay 20 buckos for a peace of mind and a nifty brace and a bandage (it would end up costing about 15bucks anyhow, he he).
On Tuesday Erin and I hosted a play date! Getting our house ready while limping in pain was no fun, but way worth it. We had a blast and Erin did really well seeing a bunch of kids playing with her toys. Erin was a gracious hostess!
We found out that our baby turned out to be a boy! Very happy about it, though if it were a girl the reaction would be the same. The due date was bumped up to 18 August, and here he is!
Erin's new job in our family is mixing juice! She gets rather upset if someone else does it so we don't even compete for the job. Notice a swimming shirt over a normal one, this is a fashion statement! Erin has this obsession with swimming clothes, rather funny, he he!
Erin is an adamant Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fan. She just watched "Super Goof" episodes, where Goofy used a towel as a super hero cape. She found her baby towel and had the same idea. She wore it the entire night and insisted on going to bed wearing it. Here she must have been saving her baby from hunger. As I said earlier " My sweet, sweet child!"
Ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment