Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blogging

When you begin a blog you enthusiastically post few times a week. About a month later you post once or twice a week, than a few times a month until you get to the point when you can squeeze just one post a month or even fewer. I am at that point now, ha ha. I think that one of my resolutions for 2010 will be to blog at least once a week.

Erin is finally into reading books. She actually allows Andrew and I to read to her. Before she would just flip through pages not even wanting to hear what it says below the picture. Andrew finally sat her down and taught her that there is more to books than just pictures. I ordered a few books from Usborne books (MaryKay and Pampered Chef of children's books) and she loves them. I like that Usborne books are so well made that they actually will last you through several children even if they get pulled, kicked, drooled on and smeared with food. A huge plus is that the binding does not fall apart even under super-duper pressure. Besides the physical superiority of the books, Usborn can boast a huge selection for any age group with perfect illustration. Erin loves their toddler books. There! This is my sales pitch for the company, he he!

We put our Christmas tree up (I have to say that a 3 foot tree looks pitiful in the room size of our living room). Apparently Erin is being bothered by the tree lights. She likes the way they look , but she thinks that if she touches them while they are lit up she'll burn herself or something, which is good. To prevent Erin from yanking the decorations of the tree all I need to do is turn the lights on. This year Erin even helped me to decorate the tree. Erin rearranges the ornaments at least once a day, off course when teh lights are off. Christmas season will definitely be more fun for her this year.

Erin likes mama's stuff! Rollers are among her most favorite of my possessions. The other day she asked papa to help her put them in her hair , which he gladly did. Doesn't she look older in those :)?



By the way what do you think of Andrew's goatee?

3 comments:

Diane said...

That's a great picture! And I like Andrew's goatee. I don't think he'd look good with a full beard, but the goat is fine. His hair also looks long enough for the rollers, but it's already curley.

Birding is Fun! said...

Andrew had the same kind of goatee as my dad and I are sporting right now. Glad to see the Mortensen facial hair gene is identical.

Sveta said...

Ha ha!