Our sweet little girl is an artist! She doodles in books, on pieces of paper, mama's arms, cabinet doors, floor tile. She took it for a habit to empty the paper tray in the printer when we are not looking,' cause according to her "One piece of paper is not enough to express yourself". So, a solution was found and it seems to work--the closet doors!
Easily cleaned with a Magic Eraser and spare the rest of the house.
I practice let the kiddo learn from experience philosophy. If it won't hurt her she can try and see what happens. Today Erin insisted on taking her bath with her pink blankey that she drags everywhere. Haha! That did not work too well. It got wet and she could not even lift it. That made her very confuse and MAD! She did not even want to finish her bath. I guess she will leave it in the room the next time.
We had a couple friends come over and play with us the other day. Anna is a month younger than Erin, so they usually get in the same trouble together. I was talking to Anna's Mom in the kitchen when I thought I heard the toilet lid fall. A very suspicious sound in our house. I rushed to investigate and for second felt relief when I saw no lights in the bathroom. However, my relief was short-lived as I heard splashing coming out of the darkness. I turned the lights on dreading the yucky mess I might find...There they were- two little toddlers standing over the toilet. Anna had her hands in it splashing around and Erin was just watching. The only reason she was not helping out, was her favorite ball in her hands. You have to hold on to your favorite possessions when two other girls are running around, for it will be gone in a splash! Splash! Get it? Badum tssssss! Fortunately, the fun had just began and the floor was still dry. We cleaned up the hooligans and life went on!
Easily cleaned with a Magic Eraser and spare the rest of the house.
I practice let the kiddo learn from experience philosophy. If it won't hurt her she can try and see what happens. Today Erin insisted on taking her bath with her pink blankey that she drags everywhere. Haha! That did not work too well. It got wet and she could not even lift it. That made her very confuse and MAD! She did not even want to finish her bath. I guess she will leave it in the room the next time.
We had a couple friends come over and play with us the other day. Anna is a month younger than Erin, so they usually get in the same trouble together. I was talking to Anna's Mom in the kitchen when I thought I heard the toilet lid fall. A very suspicious sound in our house. I rushed to investigate and for second felt relief when I saw no lights in the bathroom. However, my relief was short-lived as I heard splashing coming out of the darkness. I turned the lights on dreading the yucky mess I might find...There they were- two little toddlers standing over the toilet. Anna had her hands in it splashing around and Erin was just watching. The only reason she was not helping out, was her favorite ball in her hands. You have to hold on to your favorite possessions when two other girls are running around, for it will be gone in a splash! Splash! Get it? Badum tssssss! Fortunately, the fun had just began and the floor was still dry. We cleaned up the hooligans and life went on!
4 comments:
According to my parents I was quite the artist at Erin's age too. However, the apartment walls weren't spared and my folks didn't get their deposit back.
ha ha!
that's because there were no spiffy mirror closet doors in the appartment.
Having a designated and washable place for graffiti is a great idea!
True. There were no mirror doors in that place (that I can remember). And I agree, it's a great idea to have a washable wall for child art.
Post a Comment